How can a college prep coach help us?
- Provide strategic advice on extracurricular activities, focusing on leadership development, career exploration, and professional networking
- College Search and work with your child to determine a list of potential universities and colleges
- College Essay advice and guidance
- Keep your child on track with applications, college research and essays
- College application review and advice
- SAT/ACT Test strategies and prep
- Review students schedules and curriculum to help determine if they are taking the correct courses to meet high school graduation requirements and college admissions requirements based on college.
- Partner with the student to determine potential careers or majors of study
- Extracurricular activities analysis
- Resume building
- Financial Aid and Scholarships assistance
Why do families choose College Prep Coaches?
Here are just a few of the reasons:
One-on-one, personal support in your home is all-inclusive and holistic in nature—we have the knowledge to help with any challenge that emerges during the high school years
Unparalleled expertise in high school counseling, college admissions, and college success ensures that your student will be on the right track every step of the way
Emotional support and professional guidance eases the burden on families during this critical time of decision making and personal changes
Here's a snapshot of a comprehensive college plan whether you start with us in your Freshman year or your Senior year, we will build a custom plan to your needs to help meet your goals.
- Time Management and Organization
- Are you taking the right courses? Yes, your Freshman courses matter!
- How do you study? Develop strong study skills and strategies early on
- What else do you do? Extracurriculars? Passions?
- Start preparing now for your SAT/ACT! It's not too early.
- Coursework and course planning this year. You will need to look at the graduation requirements of your high school as well as the admissions requirements for any colleges that you may be interested in.
- Start building your brand!
- Keep up the study skills and focus on improving your weaknesses
- Get involved with school clubs, internships, take leadership roles. Find something that interests you and that you are passionate about!
- PSAT in the fall of your Sophomore year. This will be a great way for you preview the SAT and provide an indicator of how you might perform on the SAT.
- AP/SAT Subject Tests
- Vocabulary Flash Cards
- Should I start thinking about colleges now?
- Course plan and schedules
- College Search
- Scholarship Search/Financial Aid
- Prepare for College Essay
- Coursework- Don't give up now! Senioritis may be setting in but colleges are still looking at your grades and course work. These are strong indicators for college readiness.
- Application timeline and deadlines
- College Search
- Scholarship and Financial Aid deadlines
- Decision Time